What is the Ombuds Office?
The Ombuds Office is an impartial and confidential resource to help ensure students are treated fairly. Our role is to provide support and advice to help students move forward when they encounter problems at the university.
What does the Ombuds Office do?
- Identify and explain relevant UBC policies and procedures
- Explore options on how best to proceed and make effective referrals
- Provide guidance to help plan strategies
- Clarify goals and promote problem-solving
- Empower students to deal directly and effectively with their concerns
- Facilitate discussions and use informal channels to seek resolution
- Give sound, practical advice
- Listen and provide an objectiveperspective
181 CK Choi Building
1855 West Mall
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z2