The Faculty of Applied Science is proposing a new Bachelors program in Manufacturing Engineering. This program will be held in collaboration between both UBC campus. The program will provide graduates with engineering fundamentals in advanced manufacturing and practical skills in business management, data analytics, digital modeling and communication.
- Manufacturing is a high-tech sector accounting for 11% of Canada's GDP
- 4 year program, 155 credits
- Program is equivalent from 1st to 3rd year in both campus, 4th year UBC Vancouver students complete a production stream, 4th year UBC Okanagan students complete a management stream.
- About 200 students for both campus (about 25 students per year per campus)
- Students will be encouraged to participates in 4 four-months coop terms
- The program will be accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board and graduates will be eligible for a P.Eng in their respective provinces
You can view the pre-consultation document here.
As per UBC Policy 71, the EUS will conduct a 31 day long consultation in conjunction with the new Bachelors of Math and Computation Engineering.
There are no updates at this time