The EUS is dedicated to building a diverse, respectful, approachable and professional student society to serve all UBC Engineers. We strive to host events serving the wide interests of our student body.
Our goal is to be a safe, welcoming community by our students and faculty. We are composed of students who work extremely hard to make amazing things happen, but sometimes things fall through the cracks: if you notice something we can improve upon, please fill in the form below.
UBC Ombuds Office
What is the Ombuds Office?
The Ombuds Office is an impartial and confidential resource to help ensure students are treated fairly. Our role is to provide support and advice to help students move forward when they encounter problems at the university.
What does the Ombuds Office do?
- Identify and explain relevant UBC policies and procedures
- Explore options on how best to proceed and make effective referrals
- Provide guidance to help plan strategies
- Clarify goals and promote problem-solving
- Empower students to deal directly and effectively with their concerns
- Facilitate discussions and use informal channels to seek resolution
- Give sound, practical advice
- Listen and provide an objectiveperspective