Stunts, or rather “Unofficial STUdeNT ProjectS”, have brought worldwide fame to the UBC Engineers… not that we admit to them.
Stunts ALWAYS emphasize originality and ingenuity over vandalism, in other words: painting stuff or doing something that somebody else has done is just pointless. Even Artsies can make a mess. Remember, good stunts don’t hurt anybody or damage anything and size is not important! Most of all: don’t get caught.
- Volkswagen Bugs…
- on top of the Gage Towers
- under the Alex Fraser Bridge
- between Burrard and Granville St Bridge
- under the Golden Gate Bridge!
- on the UBC Clocktower – twice!
- In the Dean’s office
- On top of the Wooden Roller Coaster at the PNE
- Flashing “UBC Engineers do it again” in Morse code with lights on the Lions Gate Bridge
- Programming the UBC clock tower bells to play Engineer’s hymn
- Programming speakers around campus to play sounds from World War One in the wee hours of the morning.
- “Redecorating” the Dean’s Office in 2015
- “Borrowing” …
- the Speaker’s Chair from the BC Legislature
- the Rose Bowl Trophy from the University of Washington
- the door to the Dean of Arts at UBC … in broad daylight.
- Changing the iconic letters atop the Ridge Theatre to read “The Ridg_”. The E was silent, anyway.
- “E-Week is Coming” Signs hanging off the sides of buildings … strangely high up the side of the building.